You and your family want to go out of town to visit your relatives. It is a toss-up between taking the plane or driving cross-country. The kids want to ride the plane. The wife wants to go driving. However, you just bought a small aircraft last year and you are raring to take it for a spin. Majority wins.
Why Drive When You can Fly?
There are a lot of advantages of taking the plane instead of the car to reach your destination. You might have a sports car but nothing beats an aircraft. Here are a few to name some.
- Faster travelling time. You will reach your destination faster instead of having a lot of stopovers when driving. There will be no traffic either. You will avoid road mishaps.
- More room to stretch. The plane will give you more comfortable room to stretch and sleep if necessary.
- More room for baggage. The plane has more space for the luggage and bags you will be carrying.
- Parking is not a problem with cheap airport parking. You just need to book ahead to get affordable parking.
- Check out a pilot shop that sells aviation supplies and accessories. You can even order online for the things that you like. Things have become easier to purchase nowadays.
Granny Will Be Impressed
You haven’t seen the folks for quite some time now. Now is the time to impress them by flying to their locale instead of driving. They can pick you up at the airport. You will have more goodies to share with them since you can bring more stuff in the plane.
Granny might even like to take a ride in the plane. Nothing to fear if junior is the one piloting the plane. This will make her proud of you. Her son has a plane of his own. Your dad would think you are a maverick in the air if he gets to ride also.
The Neighbors will Be Talking About it
If Granny will have her way, the neighbors will soon find out that you have a new plane. That is how it is in the old county. Every minor detail in the lives of the folks gets talked about. Everyone knows the name of the newborn child of a neighbor. What more if it is about your new plane?
Be prepared to have your neighbors asking you if they can ride your plane. You will be in demand now. It is like way back in college when only a few had cars. Now it is their junior with his own plane. Whoever thought you will be in this position?
Is it still a debate whether to fly or to drive? Environmentally-factors aside, flying can be better than driving on many levels. Technology is getting better and better that faster also means more comfort. And if it’s comfort and efficiency you’re after and money isn’t an issue, why not bring that plane on your next vacation trip.