The world is full of places to go, people to meet and wonders to discover that you’ll never be able to do them all. Not in a single lifetime at least. Everyone has their list of dream destinations and experiences – and if you don’t, well, now’s the time to make one!
What’s On Your Must-Do List?
With the many simple pleasures - there are a number of extreme experiences and once in a lifetime adventures that are not to be missed.
- Go sky diving - the perfect way to get the adrenalin pumping and these days you don’t have to travel far to try it.
- Take part in the Songkran Water Festival in Thailand – the Thai certainly know how to ring in the New Year – dousing everyone with water. The act is supposed to wash away the sins of the previous year so revellers can start the year anew.
- Dive with sharks - these ocean giants are a wonder to see. There are plenty of gentle sharks to swim with, such as nurse sharks that you can get up close to. Meanwhile, if you’re really looking to test the waters, try cage diving with Great White Sharks off the coast of Port Lincoln. Why not check into Adelaide hotels and make it a part of your South Australian getaway?
- Take an African Safari – get a glimpse of some of the most fearsome animals in their natural environment. The African savannah offers some of the most unique landscapes for wildlife – this is every photographer’s dream come true.
- Take part in Carnaval in Brazil – this is the one of the most vibrant celebrations in the world. The Carnaval features colourful costumes and non-stop festivities for almost a week. This is definitely a party you don’t want to miss.
- Head to the edge of the world - many of us aim for the stars and you can actually get fairly close to them on an exclusive jet ride to the very edge of space, 65,000 feet high. The Russian Air Force offers you this once in a lifetime experience for a mere $25,000.
- Head to La Tomatina in Valencia (Spain) - this is the biggest food fight in the world. Each year, the little town of Bunyol in Valencia hosts the Tomatina, where over 30,000 participants chuck tomatoes at each other. What started as a youth brawl during a parade eventually transformed into an internationally recognised celebration.
- Heli-skiing - if you love extreme sports, this one is definitely for you. Drop on to the fresh powdery slopes from a chopper and enjoy some of most ideal ski conditions you’ll ever experience.
- Raise a glass at Oktoberfest in Europe - this is the largest drinking event in the world. Establishments across Munich, Bavaria in Germany all serve up their favourite grog for this two-week drinking marathon.
So what are you waiting for? There are plenty of destinations to visit and not a day to waste. Start looking for your hotel deals and start ticking off your to-do list.