It is no secret that Princess Cruises offers a staggering amount of onboard entertainment, dining and attractions for adults. However, many parents are justifiably concerned about the kinds of activities that are available for children onboard a Princess Cruises liner. Thankfully, all ships have a wide variety of activities, educational activities and fun recreational options for children of all ages. Even teenagers have designated areas where they can hang out with friends in a safe environment. Here are five of the many reasons why children of any age will enjoy their time on Princess Cruises.
1. Youth Centres: Perhaps the biggest benefit to enjoying a cruise aboard a Princess Cruises liner is having access to the full equipped and well staffed youth centres, which are for children between the ages of three and twelve. Each centre is divided into two groups by age, each of which enjoys different age-appropriate activities. The entertainment and activities are designed to reflect where the ship is currently located around the world, as well as to be exciting for kids. Some samples of things enjoyed by children at the youth centres include children’s dance parties, carnivals, game nights, scavenger hunts, movies and art projects.
2. Teen Lounges: As children mature beyond the games and activities available at the youth centre, they can begin to frequent the teen lounges onboard, designed specifically for those between the ages of thirteen and seventeen. Teenagers will especially appreciate that fact that once their parents fill out the registration process on their first visit, they can come and go with their friends according to their own schedule or needs. Expect to find lounges full of video game consoles, casino evenings, theme dinners, movie showing, and late night parties.
3. Child-Friendly Dining: Many parent struggle with the ideal dining situation for their children. On some of the more formal dinner evenings, children simply won’t enjoy the meal. Thankfully there are several special children’s dinners during each of the Princess Cruises, allowing kids to eat with the staff and their friends for a few hours, followed by a movie. Teenagers even have their own formal dinner evening so they can eat with their friends.
4. Late Night Sitting: Parents will naturally want to take advantage of all the late night entertainment without their children in tow, which is why the late night sitting option is so handy. For a nominal fee of five dollars per hour, trained staff will watch children until one in the morning while they play games, watch movies or even sleep.
5. Port Days: While most families will enjoy heading to shore together, in some cases the children might have more fun onboard in the youth centres and teen lounges with siblings and friends. Just drop them off in the morning before heading to shore and pick them up once you return. There is no fee for these port days sessions.
These are just five of the countless reasons that children and teenagers will love their time aboard Princess Cruises.
Book a Princess Cruise with Virgin Holidays Cruises to see how much you could save!
Photo: Raging Wire